Three more COVID-19 exposure events have been reported in Prince George schools, including two new ones.
Foothills and Beaverly elementary schools are officially added to Northern Health's growing list of exposures, alerting students and staff that they may have come into contact with someone within their communities who recently tested positive for the virus.
Nov. 23 is the date noted for Foothills, while Beaverly's dates are Nov. 23 and 24.
Prince George Secondary (PGSS) has also been flagged for a second COVID-19 exposure event on Nov. 18, close to two months after its first listing on Oct. 2.
It's the fifth school in the north to be warned twice for the virus since students went back to class in September.
All three are within School District 57's (SD57) jurisdiction; six in total have been reported for potential exposure.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
Should a student or teacher receive a positive COVID-19 test, Northern Heath's school notification process is as follows:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
Here are the other northern B.C. schools alerted for COVID-19:
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12-13, 16, 19, 2020
- Fort St. James Secondary (SD91) - Nov. 19-20, 2020
- Peden Hill Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 12-17, 17-20, 2020
- Energetic Learning Campus - Fort St. John (SD60) - Nov. 16-20, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary School - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Nov. 16-18, 2020; Sept. 23-25, 2020
- Charlie Lake Elementary School (SD60) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary School (SD91) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Immaculate Conception School (Diocese of Prince George) - Oct. 21-23, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame School (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Sept. 17-18, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020
As of this publication (Nov. 27), there have 772 positive tests for COVID-19 in Northern Health.