For the second time this week, students and staff at a Prince George school are being warned of possible contact with COVID-19.
According to Northern Health, a lab-confirmed case was discovered in Peden Hill Elementary's community, which could have led to others being exposed.
The dates listed are Nov. 17 to 20, which is a four-day extension on its previous exposure of Nov. 12 to 17 reported on Monday (Nov. 23) for the School District 57 (SD57) institution.
Fort St. James Secondary was also alerted for exposure with its dates cited as Nov. 19 and 20.
It's the third member of School District 91 (SD91) added to Northern Health's list.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
Should a student or teacher receive a positive COVID-19 test, Northern Heath's school notification process is as follows:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
In the north, there 21 total schools alerted for COVID-19 since students went back to the classroom in September.
The others are as follows:
- Energetic Learning Campus - Fort St. John (SD60) - Nov. 16-20, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary School - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Nov. 16-18, 2020; Sept. 23-25, 2020
- Charlie Lake Elementary School (SD60) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary School (SD91) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 2020
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12, 13, 16, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Immaculate Conception School (Diocese of Prince George) - Oct. 21-23, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame School (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- Prince George Secondary - Oct. 2, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Sept. 17-18, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020