The city is one step closer to the 2022 BC Summer Games.
The nomination committee appointed the board of directors who will be responsible for organizing the games.
Prince George resident Renee McCloskey has been appointed board president. McCloskey participated in the B.C. Games in water-skiing from 1983 to 1995 and was a member of the board for the BC Games Society from 2008 to 2014.
Selen Alpay, the owner operator of the Prince George Canadian Tire store, has been appointed vice-president.
“On behalf of council, I would like to congratulate and thank Ms. McCloskey, Mr. Alpay, and all of the newly appointed Board Members for coming forward to serve the community and the Games,” said Mayor Lyn Hall, who is the nomination committee chair.
“Many of the names on the committee are well-known in Prince George, particularly the sports community, and we know that the City and particularly the young athletes and Games participants will be well served by their continued commitment to sports and Prince George.”
The BC Games Society awarded the 2022 BC Summer Games to the City of Prince George in 2017.
“The community has a rich history of hosting multi-sport events,” says Alison Noble, President and CEO of the BC Games Society.
“From incredible sport facilities, to experienced volunteers and immense community support, I’m confident that Prince George will host a very successful Games.”
The city says the four-day event will bring over 3,500 athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators to Prince George from around the province.
The members of the Board of Directors for the 2022 BC Summer Games in Prince George are as follows:
- President - Renee McCloskey
- Vice President - Selen Alpay
- Director of Access Control - Craig Douglass
- Director of Accommodations - Kap Manhas
- Director of Administration - Les Waldie
- Director of Ceremonies & Special Events - Tammy Hoefer
- Director of Food Services - Bill Glasgow
- Director of Friends of the Games - Valerie Marsh
- Director of Logistics - Lisa Davison
- Director of Marketing - Alyson Gourley-Cramer
- Director of Medical Services - Melissa Dymond & Mike Smith
- Director of Participant & Volunteer Services - Tracey James
- Director of Protocol - Colin Carson
- Director of Sport - Mandi Graham & Loralyn Murdoch
- Director of Technology - Lynda Pattie
- Director of Transportation - Donna Holmgren & Guillaume Fortin