There are four more COVID-19 exposure events in northern B.C. schools, including a new location in Prince George.
École College Heights Elementary is the latest School District 57 (SD57) member to be flagged by Northern Health today (Nov. 30), citing Nov. 19 to 20 and 20 to 24 as the dates when students and staff may have come into contact with a lab-confirmed case.
This comes two days after three SD57 institutions were alerted for the virus in Foothills and Beaverly elementary schools, as well as a second event for Prince George Secondary.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
Should a student or teacher receive a positive COVID-19 test, the notification process is as follows:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
École College Heights is the seventh SD57 school and eighth in Prince George listed for COVID-19 since the 2020-21 calendar year began in September.
Meanwhile, three other regional schools experienced a second exposure to the virus, all are within SD91 - Nechako Lakes, and were added to Northern Health's list today:
- Fort St. James Secondary = Nov. 20-26, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary (Burns Lake) = Nov. 23-24, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary = Nov. 25-26, 2020
Here are the other northern B.C. schools alerted for COVID-19:
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12-13, 16, 19, 20 2020
- Fort St. James Secondary (SD91) - Nov. 19-20, 2020
- Peden Hill Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 12-17, 17-20, 2020
- Energetic Learning Campus - Fort St. John (SD60) - Nov. 16-20, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary School - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Nov. 16-18, 2020; Sept. 23-25, 2020
- Charlie Lake Elementary School (SD60) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary School (SD91) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 18-20, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Immaculate Conception School (Diocese of Prince George) - Oct. 21-23, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame School (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Sept. 17-18, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020