No giant inflatable obstacle courses for Prince George residents to conquer this year.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern BC (BIGSNBC) says the 2020 Mega Bounce Run won’t go forward, the latest fundraising event to be cancelled as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the non-profit organization says the five-kilometre course will return for 2021.
It was originally scheduled for Saturday, May 23 and all the money raised would’ve gone towards mentoring programs for Prince George youth.
Last year’s run saw more than 400 people climb, dodge, crawl and bounce through the course, set up at the D.P. Todd Secondary School fields, and nearly 40 volunteers making sure everyone was safe and having fun.
The 5K Bubble Chase, on the other hand, is still scheduled for the summer.
BIGSNBC says it’s confident the July 18 event will go on and add in a social media post the wheels are spinning on implementing new safety measures for participants and volunteers.
The Bubble Chase will be set up at Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park.
Details will be released accordingly in the coming months and more information is available on the BIGSNBC website.
As of this publication, there are 17 positive COVID-19 cases within Northern Health’s jurisdiction of the 1,121 across B.C.