The Prince George Airport is urging passengers to follow some basic tips to ease the stress as the airport gets busier in the lead up to the holiday season.
"Passenger traffic increases significantly during the Christmas season right through to the second week of January" said airport spokeswoman Lindsay Cotter. "Our biggest tip to holiday travellers is to arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight departs."
Also, travellers are urged to:
- Check the weather conditions in Prince George and at connecting airports and destinations, as poor conditions can significantly impact flight schedules. Check your airline's website for the most up to date flight information.
- Check your airline's website for baggage size, weight restrictions and costs associated with checking your bags.
- Place identification in both the inside and outside of your baggage. Be sure to check your bags to ensure prohibited items are not present. For more information visit the "Pack Smart" section of CATSA's website (www.catsa.gc.ca/whatcanIbring)
- If you're travelling with gifts, leave them unwrapped. They may be opened by screening officials for inspection.
- To minimize the risk of damage or loss, don't pack fragile or valuable items in checked baggage. Take them with you in carry-on baggage, or ship them to your destination instead.
- If you are given the option, check in online; it will save you time. Most airlines offer this service 24 hours before the departure time of the flight.
Over 41,000 passengers flew in and out of the airport last December.