Skip to content
Join our Newsletter

Prince George crews extinguish fire at First Ave tent encampment

One person was taken to hospital as a precaution
The encampment near First Ave and George Street caught fire Nov. 19.

Prince George Fire Rescue responded to a fire at the encampment on First Avenue and George Street Saturday evening.

At about 5:27 p.m. crews got the report of a fire at the encampment where many unsheltered people have been staying near the Regional District of Fraser Fort George building.

Upon arrival, crews found three tent-like structures in flames and the blaze was extinguished with no other damage reported.

A news release from the City of Prince George states that one person from the tent where the fire originated was taken to hospital as a precaution.

The cause of the fire was deemed to be accidental.