In the past 24 hours four more people have died due to COVID-19, and all were in the Northern Health Authority.
There have also been 172 new cases in the region and the province is now reporting 937 active cases in Northern Health.
There are 74 people hospitalized in Northern Health and 22 of them are in critical care.
Provincewide, B.C. is reporting 715 new cases and 4,965 active cases. Of the active cases, 377 individuals are in hospital and 136 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
There’s also been another health care facility outbreak in Northern Health at the Bulkley Valley District Hospital.
There are now 26 active healthcare facility outbreaks in the province including two at the University Hospital of Northern B.C. in Prince George and the GR Baker Memorial Hospital in Quesnel and Wrinch Memorial Hospital in Hazelton.
From Oct. 13-19, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 66.4 per cent of cases and from Oct. 6-19, they accounted for 76.2 per cent of hospitalizations.
New public health orders were announced in the Northern Health Region on Oct. 14 and remain in place until Nov. 19.
- Personal gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, are restricted to fully vaccinated people, including at private residences and vacation accommodation
- Indoor gathering: up to 5 people are permitted
- Outdoor gathering: up to 25 people are permitted
- All indoor and outdoor organized events require a safety plan and for attendees to wear a mask and present their BC Vaccine Card showing they are fully vaccinated
- Indoor event: up to 50 people are permitted
- Outdoor event: up to 100 people are permitted
- Worship services: virtual services are required
- Fast-food restaurants and unlicensed cafés without table service can provide take-out only or require patrons to present the BC Vaccine card showing they are fully vaccinated.
- Licensed establishments and those with table service must not serve alcohol between 10 p.m.-9 a.m. and must require patrons to present the BC Vaccine Card showing they are fully vaccinated.
- Bars and nightclubs (no meal service) will be closed
- Sport events spectators (indoor and outdoor) are limited to 50 per cent capacity, must have a safety plan, and require attendees to wear masks and present their BC Vaccine Card showing they are fully vaccinated