Northern Health has added two new COVID-19 exposure alerts for two Fort St. John schools.
North Peace Secondary (NPSS) has been flagged for a third time from Nov. 19-20, while Bert Bowes Middle School has been dated Nov. 18-20.
NPSS is the first school in the region to be alerted three times.
Three Prince George schools were flagged yesterday (Nov. 27) including Beaverly Elementary School, Foothills Elementary School and Prince George Secondary School for a second time.
Nov. 23 is the date noted for Foothills, while Beaverly's dates are Nov. 23 and 24.
Prince George Secondary is dated for on Nov. 18, close to two months after its first listing on Oct. 2.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
Should a student or teacher receive a positive COVID-19 test, Northern Heath's school notification process is as follows:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
Here are the other northern B.C. schools alerted for COVID-19:
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12-13, 16, 19, 2020
- Fort St. James Secondary (SD91) - Nov. 19-20, 2020
- Peden Hill Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 12-17, 17-20, 2020
- Energetic Learning Campus - Fort St. John (SD60) - Nov. 16-20, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary School - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Nov. 16-18, 2020; Sept. 23-25, 2020
- Charlie Lake Elementary School (SD60) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary School (SD91) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Immaculate Conception School (Diocese of Prince George) - Oct. 21-23, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame School (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Sept. 17-18, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020