Good morning, everyone.
Here are the local COVID-19 stories we're pursuing today:
- We've received reports that the Farmer's Market is planning to open this weekend so we've put in a call to confirm and if they are, what safety plans will they have in place?
- We've also heard a local bowling alley is still open so we're checking to see if that's the case and if so, how are they keeping customers safe/what impact has this had on their business?
- We're checking in with B.C. Transit, local taxi companies, local hotels, the Prince George Regional Correctional Centre, daycare operators about safety plans and how operations are being affected.
- We're waiting a callback from Northern Health about essential surgeries and how that is going.
- We've reached out to Glen Mikkelsen at CN Centre about the economic impact of event cancellations (World Curling, Alice Cooper, Cirque Du Soleil, etc.).
- City utility bills are due in two weeks and taxes will be due in early July. We're asking the City of Prince George if interest will be waived for people who pay late due to financial difficulties related to COVID-19?
- The historic Kelly Cup curling event joins a long list of cancellations.
- We're still trying to confirm or deny reports in nearby communities of positive cases/exposure to people who tested positive.
If you have anything you'd like to see us be working on, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and take all necessary precautions.
- Editor-in-chief Neil Godbout