Two taken to hospital after kitchen fire on Irwin Street

Two tenants were taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation due to a kitchen fire in the 1400 block of Irwin Street on Tuesday at about 7 p.m.

Prince George Fire Rescue crews from four halls took the call.

article continues below

Crews first on the scene found a triple storey fourplex with smoke and flames coming from a ground level unit's window.

Quick action extinguished the fire but heavy damage had already happened.

Tenants from all units had been evacuated.

There were no injuries to fire crews.

Damage is estimated at $100,000.

The fire was to be determined accidental due to cooking.

Read Related Topics

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Prince George Citizen welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. Comments that contain external links will not be permitted. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus
Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!

Green Party's future POLL

Elizabeth May has resigned as leader of the federal Green Party. Do you think the party has a future in federal politics?

or  view results

Popular Citizen

Community Event Calendar


Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.

Lowest Gas Prices in Prince George
Prince George Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com