Fire Rescue crews respond to mechanical room malfunction

Prince George Fire Rescue was called to a report of a possible structure fire in the 1300 block of Sixth Avenue at about 7:15 this morning.

From four halls 19 firefighters attended to find the building already evacuated.

article continues below

Crews investigated and discovered light smoke and a pungent smell on the first three floors of the building.

After checking each floor crews went into the eighth floor mechanical room to find a belt or bearing had malfunctioned and caused the smoke and smell.

Smoke was ventilated out of the building.

There were no injuries to employees or firefighters and there was no damage to the building.

Read Related Topics


NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Prince George Citizen welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. Comments that contain external links will not be permitted. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus
Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!

Coping with cold weather POLL

How are you coping with the cold weather?

or  view results

Popular Citizen

Community Event Calendar

Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.

Lowest Gas Prices in Prince George
Prince George Gas Prices provided by