Cooking fire reaps damage

A local hotel suffered about $10,000 damage on Thursday night when cooking in one of the rooms got out of hand.

Prince George Fire Rescue were called to the North Star Inn and Suites at the corner of Victoria Street and Patricia Boulevard shortly after 9 p.m.

article continues below

Staff had extinguished the fire by the time firefighters had arrived but there was a small amount of light smoke coming from one of the units, PGFR Asst. Chief John Law said. Firefighters checked for any further hot spots and ventilated the unit.

The lone occupant had got out safely and there were no injuries.

Read Related Topics

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Prince George Citizen welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. Comments that contain external links will not be permitted. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus

TransMountain pipeline expansion POLL

Do you support the federal government’s decision to go ahead with the TransMountain pipeline expansion?

or  view results

Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!
  • 97/16

    Prince George's Weekly News

Popular Citizen

Community Event Calendar


Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.

Lowest Gas Prices in Prince George
Prince George Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com