Canfor buys South Carolina sawmill

Canfor has completed a purchase of an American sawmill, the company said Monday.

Based in Estill, South Carolina, Elliott Sawmilling Company Inc. will add over 210 million feet of production capacity in a sawmill consisting of both large and small log lines.

article continues below

Canfor said in November 2018 it had reached an agreement to buy the operation for $110 million and by May 2019, it had acquired 49 per cent with the remaining 51 per cent to be acquired in a year.

Read Related Topics

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Prince George Citizen welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. Comments that contain external links will not be permitted. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus
Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!

Should Canada open border POLL

Should Canada set a date to open the border to non-essential traffic to and from the United States?

or  view results

Popular Citizen

Lowest Gas Prices in Prince George
Prince George Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com