Thousands of people flocked to the polls in the city Thursday on the first day of advanced voting.
In Prince George-Mackenzie, 1,046 voters cast their ballots, while in Prince George-Valemount the count was 1,306.
West of Prince George, in the Nechako Lakes electoral district, 290 votes were counted on Day 1 of the advanced vote.
In total, 104,937 voters across B.C. took advantage of the early vote, according to Elections BC. The advanced voting for the provincial election will continue to be available for registered voters until next Wednesday. The general election will be held on Saturday, Oct. 24.
In Prince George-Valemount, the locations for the advanced polls are:
• Columbus Community Centre (7201 Domano Blvd.).
• Our Saviour's Lutheran Church (3590 Dufferin Ave.).
• Prince George Conference and Civic Centre (808 Canada Games Way).
• Elks Hall (172 Holloway St., McBride).
• Golden Years Lodge (1300 Main St., Valemount.
In Prince George-Mackenzie, the locations are:
• Trinity United Church (3555 Fifth Ave.).
• Prince George Family Worship Centre (3400 Hart Highway), until Saturday, Oct. 17.
• Christ Our Saviour Church Hall (4514 Austin Road West).
• Mackenzie Secondary School (500 Skeena Dr., Mackenzie), until Sunday, Oct. 18.
Advance voting places will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on all days they are open.