Fire ripped through a modular home in the 2100 block of Norwood Street, causing an estimated $20,000 damage.
Firefighters from four halls were called to the scene Saturday morning at about 10:47 a.m. and arrived to find smoke and fire visible from the right rear side of the building, an older single-wide structure. The fire was knocked down quickly but the flames had already spread to the floor joists underneath the home.
Four occupants were there at the time the fire was discovered and all escaped without injury.
The fire is under investigation.
It’s the third house fire in Prince George in the past week.
A week ago Saturday a 40-year-old man died of injuries he sustained in a gasoline-fuelled fire on the 1100 block of Chilako Avenue which left another man hospitalized with serious injuries. Two other people were also taken to hospital with injuries. A dog also died in the fire. Damage was estimated at $400,000 damage.
On Thursday morning, Prince George Fire Rescue crews responded to a house fire in the 1400 block of Shady Valley Road. Nobody was home at the time of the fire, which caused about $700,000 damage.