Early-morning fire causes $45,000 damage

An early-morning fire Sunday at a downtown storage facility caused about $45,000.

Prince George Fire Rescue responded to the call at about 5:15 a.m. and saw smoke and flames coming from the building in the 300 block of Third Avenue.

article continues below

Nineteen firefighters from four halls were dispatched to the fire, which was quickly extinguished. There were no injuries.

A man at the scene of the fire said the building had been rented to a man who allowed others to spend the night there. Several people were seen near the building with their belongings, long after the fire crews had left the scene.

Read Related Topics

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Prince George Citizen welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. Comments that contain external links will not be permitted. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus
Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!

Should Canada open border POLL

Should Canada set a date to open the border to non-essential traffic to and from the United States?

or  view results

Popular Citizen

Lowest Gas Prices in Prince George
Prince George Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com