Candle cause of apartment fire

An unattended candle next to anything flammable is a recipe for disaster.
Late Friday night it was cause of a $75,000 fire in a second-floor apartment in the 2100 block of Upland Street when a lit candle ignited a nearby mattress, said Prince George Fire rescue assistant chief Denis Poulin.

article continues below

Twenty firefighters from four halls responded to the blaze when smoke was seen coming out of the apartment window at about 11 p.m. Friday. The building was evacuated by the time crews arrived and there were no injuries. The lone occupant of the apartment was home when the fire began.

 

 

Read Related Topics

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Prince George Citizen welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. Comments that contain external links will not be permitted. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus

Pipeline ruling POLL

What should the federal government do after the Trans Mountain court ruling requiring further consultation with First Nations?

or  view results

Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!

Popular Citizen

Community Event Calendar


Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.

Lowest Gas Prices in Prince George
Prince George Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com