We have a winner!
Ridgeline Corp. was unveiled as Business of the Year at the 2020 Prince George Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards last night (Oct. 12), which went virtual as a result of COVID-19 cancelling its traditional banquet and ceremony.
The roofing company has been known to collaborate with local charities and initiatives since its 2014 inception.
Most notably, Ridgeline provided free roofs for Chris and Amanda Sopel, the inaugural free-home recipients of the Welcome Home, Pay It Forward project, and Jim Good, curator and founder of Goodsir Nature Park.
Ridgeline Roofing has already started the work on Jim Goodsir’s new roof, stating it’s important to give back to those who give their time & energy into the community | #CityOfPG @PGMatters pic.twitter.com/n0UfGrIrNW— Kyle Balzer (@KyleBalzer) September 30, 2019
“We are honoured by this huge award,” the company tells PrinceGeorgeMatters.
Ridgeline Corp. was one of 12 big winners for the PGCC’s 35th installment of the Business Excellence Awards.
Books and Company was a multi-award winner, taking home the Service Excellence and Top Workplace Culture awards.
Trench Brewing and Distilling also nabbed two trophies for Excellence in Food and Beverage and the first-ever Support PG category.
The full list of 2020 winners are as follows:
- Business of the Year = Ridgeline Corp.
- Business Person of the Year = Mark McVey, Team Powerhouse Realty
- Service Excellence Award = Books and Company
- Top Workplace Culture = Books and Company
- Top Marketing Campaign = Support PG
- Top Indigenous Owned Business = Zandra Ross Coaching and Consulting
- Top Non-Profit/Charity = Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern BC
- Environmental Leadership = Northern Lights Estate Winery
- Micro Business of the Year = Blake Productions Ltd.
- Remarkable Visitor Experience (tie) = Cariboo Rocks the North, El Shaddai Ranch
- Excellence in Food & Beverage (tie) = Trench Brewing and Distilling, Birch and Boar
- Support PG Award = Trench Brewing and Distilling
The awards ceremony aired on CKPG-TV on Monday night.
PrinceGeorgeMatters was a nominee for this year’s Top Marketing Campaign and were humbled by the PGCC's acknowledgement.