Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

PGFR extinguishes two fires on Monday

Firefighters deal with kitchen fire and mattress fire
Prince George Fire Rescue 1

Prince George Fire Rescue doused two fires on Monday.

Firefighters were called to a 2400-block Panorama Place home shortly after 9 a.m. and found a small kitchen fire caused by a break in the stove gas line. Damage was estimated at $1,500.

Shortly after 2:30 p.m., firefighters were called to a 2400-block Oak Street home where they found light smoke coming from the upper floor.

They ended up extinguishing a mattress fire. 

One occupant was assessed for smoke inhalation by paramedics on the scene and released.

Crews from three halls were called to both scenes.

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks