Another five schools throughout northern B.C. have been alerted of potential COVID-19 exposure, including two in Prince George.
Northern Health says people in the Heather Park Elementary School community could have been exposed on Dec. 1 to 2 while Shas Ti Kelly Road Secondary has been listed for Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 to 2.
David Hoy Elementary School in Nechako Lakes is listed for Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, while William Konkin Elementary School has been alerted for Nov. 23 to 27.
The fifth school is Margaret Ma Murray Community School in Peace River North, with exposure listed for Nov. 27.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
Other schools listed for COVID-19 exposure are as follows:
- Energetic Learning Campus in Fort St. John (SD60) - Nov. 16-20, 23-27, 30, 2020
- Peden Hill Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 12-17, 17-20, 2020
- Centennial Christian in Terrace (Independent) - Nov. 23-26, 2020
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12-13, 16, 19-20, 24-26, 2020
- Sacred Heart Elementary - Nov. 25-27, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Nov. 22-25, 2020; Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Charlie Lake Elementary (SD60) - Nov. 23-24, 16-26, 2020
- Ecole College Heights Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 19-20, 20-24, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Nov. 25-26, 2020; Sept. 17-18, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary in Burns Lake (SD91) - Nov. 16, 23-24, 2020
- Fort St. James Secondary (SD91) - Nov. 19-20, 20-26, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 18-20, 2020
- Beaverly Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- Foothills Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 23, 2020
- Prince George Secondary (SD57) - Nov. 20, 2020; Oct. 2, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Nov. 16-18, 2020; Sept. 23-25, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Immaculate Conception School (Diocese of Prince George) - Oct. 21-23, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame in Dawson Creek (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020