A man with a history of deadly violence has been charged with second-degree murder in relation to an assault turned fatal over the weekend.
Christopher Clarke Prince, 34, also faces one count each of assault with a weapon and uttering threats, according to court records.
He was arrested shortly after Prince George RCMP were called to a report of a "violent attack" near the corner of Oak Street and Porter Avenue at about 1:40 a.m.
Two victims, a man and a woman, were taken to hospital. The man later died while the woman has since been released from hospital.
"All indications are that all the people involved were known to each other and that this was a targeted attack as a result of a disagreement," RCMP said.
Names of the victims have not been released.
Second-degree murder differs from first-degree in that the former implies the killing was carried out on impulse rather than being planned.
Prince has a criminal record and in 2007, he was sentenced to three more years in prison for manslaughter for the November 2002 death of a half-brother, Reginald Travis Prince, 20, in Fort St. James. He had suffered a single hammer blow to his head while sleeping.
Before the hammer attack, Chris Prince, who was originally charged with second-degree murder in that incident, had been ruminating for days over comments he believed he heard from the victim about his sexual conquests, including Chris's girlfriend, court heard during the trial.
During sentencing, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Ian Meiklem quoted extensively from a report by a psychiatrist, who said Prince was at high risk to re-offend.
In February 2013, Prince was sentenced to one year probation with a suspended sentence for assault, from an April 2012 incident in Prince George.
It was the second bout of confirmed homicide within city limits this year. Seaver Tye Miller, Aaron Ryan Moore, Joshua Steven West and Perry Andrew Charlie face two counts each of first degree murder in the Jan. 25 deaths of Thomas Burt Reed, 51, of Burns Lake and David Laurin Franks, 46.
The victims and a lone survivor of what police have called a targeted shooting were found inside a vehicle off Foothills Boulevard near North Nechako Drive.
Police also suspect foul play in the disappearance of one woman.
Roberta Marie Sims, 55, has not been seen since early May and the detachment's serious crime unit has been called in to lead the investigation.
She is described as 163 cm (5'4") tall and weighing 70 kg (154 lbs) with long strawberry-blonde hair, blue eyes and several tattoos, including a robin on the right side of her neck as well as tattoos on her left upper arm and left upper chest. She also goes by the first name of Robin, may also go by the first name of Bobby and the last names of Chambers and Jacobson.
And from last year, Maxwell Harvey Mayling, 51, has not been seen since October 2016 although his red 1995 four-door Ford Taurus was located in downtown Prince George. He's described as First Nations, 175 cm (5’9) tall and weighing 82 kg (180 lbs) with brown eyes and salt and pepper hair. He wears glasses, RCMP added.