Skip to content
Join our Newsletter

Careless smoking blamed for grass fire

Fence and shed of Edmonton Street house burn in blaze Saturday afternoon
Prince George fire rescue

Careless smoking is believed to be the cause of a weekend grass fire which spread to the fence and shed of a residential property in the 1700 block of Edmonton Street, causing $15,000 in damage.

Prince George Fire Rescue dispatched 11 firefighters from three halls to the call at about 3:59 p.m. Saturday.

The fire started at the base of a hill in the back of the property and flames quickly spread up the hill to the fence and a 10-foot x 12-foot shed. By the time firefighters arrived, the shed and several panels of fencing were in flame. Crews were able to douse the flames before they spread to surrounding homes.

There were no injuries reported.

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks