Another Flair Airlines flight involving the Prince George Airport has been listed by the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) with potential COVID-19 exposure.
Passengers on Flair Airlines flight 8187 on Nov. 2 from Prince George to Edmonton should self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days.
The BCCDC says the rows affected are 26-32. This is the fourth flight involving Prince George and Flair Airlines.
#NEW BCCDC has flagged another Flair Airlines flight involving Prince George with COVID-19 potential exposure. Flight 8187 to Edmonton on Nov. 2. Rows affected are 26-32. This is the fourth Flair flight involving YXS #covid19 #cityofpg #COVIDbc @PGMatters @FlyYXS @FlairAirlines pic.twitter.com/MdqTNGEuL6— Jess Balzer (@jessicajbalzer) November 11, 2020
On Oct. 29, in a message to the Prince George Airport Authority, the company says its temporarily stopping service in and out of YXS as 'adjustments to the fleet' are being made across its network.
The airline says the adjustments were to begin today (Nov. 10) with a goal of resuming service by Dec. 18.
"We apologize for the temporary reduction of service," says Flair Airlines, adding customers whose flights are being cancelled will be received a full refund.
Since March 27, passengers seated near a case of COVID-19 that was recognized after arrival are no longer being directly notified of their potential exposure, but are asked to check online and monitor their symptoms.
Flair Airlines said, in a statement, it hopes to restart flights out of Prince George by Dec. 18
The other flights involving YXS that had a passenger exposed to COVID-19 are as follows:
- March 5 = Air Canada flight 8209 from Vancouver to Prince George - rows nine to 15
- March 12 = Central Mountain Air flight 9M728 from Prince George to Kelowna - rows not reported
- March 15 = Central Mountain Air flight 9M725 from Kelowna to Prince George - rows not reported
- Aug. 21 = Air Canada flight 8212 from Prince George to Vancouver - rows six to 12
- Aug. 24 = Flair Air flight 8711 from Vancouver to Prince George - rows 26 to 32
- Aug. 24 = Flair Air flight 8711 from Prince George to Edmonton - rows 26 to 32
- Oct. 13 = Flair Air flight 8187 from Prince George to Edmonton - rows 10 to 16
- Oct. 18 = Air Canada flight 8209 from Vancouver to Prince George - rows eight to 14
- Oct. 31 = Flair Airlines flight 8186 from Edmonton to Prince George - rows not reported
The following flights have been posted with COVID-19 exposures: https://t.co/jnPxVAQGvO— BCCDC (@CDCofBC) November 11, 2020
- Oct 30: Air Canada Flight 25, Vancouver to Incheon
- Nov 2: Flair Flight 8187, Prince George to Edmonton pic.twitter.com/k0jTQaCoXQ