Permits for $15.7 million worth of construction were taken out in October, according to a city staff report.
The number is well above the $11.8 million reached over the same month last year and $5.2 million generate in October 2016 and raises the year-to-date total to $172.7 million.
The previous record for a year of $147.9 million, set in 2007, was eclipsed in September.
New home construction continued to lead the way. Thirteen permits for $7.7 million were taken out as was one for five units of multiple family worth $1.6 million.
Other major permits include:
- Renovations to a building at 3167 Massey Drive in Pine Centre Mall, worth $1.5 million.
- Construction of a new building at the River Point Landing shopping centre, 3040 Recplace Dr., worth $1.1 million.
- An addition to a building at Omineca Fabricating, 287 Ongman Rd., worth $850,000.
- Addition of two gas pumps to the Federated Co-operatives gas bar at 5520 Hartway Drive, wroth $467,100.
- Construction of a new building at Lobol Enterprises Ltd., 8465 Kelly Rd. North, $165,600.