Coquitlam had its fair share of gun violence this year, resulting in two murders that have yet to be solved.
In total, there were nine shootings in the city between January and December — many of which were linked to the Lower Mainland gang violence.
They happened on:
- Jan. 10: 1400-block of Kingston Street on Burke Mountain (Coquitlam RCMP file 2021-820)
- Jan. 16: 652 Whiting Way in Burquitlam (Coquitlam RCMP file 2021-1382)
- March 29: 300-block of Decaire Street in Austin Heights (Coquitlam RCMP file 2021-8160)
- March 31: 600-block of North Road in Burquitlam (Coquitlam RCMP file 2021-8323
- April 4: Gatensbury Street/Howie Avenue in Central Coquitlam (Coquitlam RCMP file 2021-8706)
- April 19: Town Centre Park basketball court in City Centre (IHIT file 2021-481)
- April 26: Urban Roots Garden Market in City Centre (Coquitlam RCMP file 2021-10850)
- May 24: Henderson Avenue/Hart Street in Maillardville (IHIT file 2021-646)
- Dec. 4: 1600-block Chickadee Place on Westwood Plateau (Coquitlam RCMP fie 2021-33498)
The April case for the Integrated Homicide Investigative Team (IHIT) involved the murder of Bailey McKinney, 20, while the May file involved the shooting death of Mir Aali Hussain, 42.
Anyone with information about these shootings is encouraged to call Coquitlam RCMP at 604-945-1550 and quote the corresponding file number.