A 43-year-old man was taken to hospital with a non-life-threatening injury after being shot in Burnaby Monday night.
Officers were called to the area of Randolph Avenue and Kingsway just after 10 p.m. for reports of a possible shooting, according to a Burnaby RCMP news release.
By the time police arrived, the suspects, believed to be two men, had already fled the area, according to the release.
At the scene, officers located a 43-year-old man who had been shot, police said.
He was taken to hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Investigators believe the victim, who is not cooperating with the investigation, according to police, knows the suspects.
Burnaby RCMP is now asking anyone with information about the incident to contact police at 604-646-9999.
“We do not believe the public is in any further danger, as this was a targeted incident,” spokesperson Cpl. Mike Kalanj said in the release. “If you have any information, please contact our investigators.”