The Prince George Spruce Kings are going mainstream.
On Friday, the B.C. Hockey League club announced a new partnership with the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group in Prince George where they'll have a monthly feature game broadcast on 99.3 The Drive, in addition to player and team features on the group's TV station and website.
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group general manager Ken Kilcullen said he's excited about increasing the profile of the Spruce Kings in the community.
The Spruce Kings are entering their 42nd season of junior hockey in Prince George with the 2013-14 BCHL season.
The games that will be broadcast on 99.3 FM The Drive are:
- Saturday, Sept. 28 at Chilliwack Chiefs
- Thursday, Oct. 24 vs. Merritt Centennials
- Thursday, Nov. 21 at Langley Rivermen
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 at Coquitlam Express
- Saturday, Jan. 11 vs. Surrey Eagles
- Saturday, Feb. 8 vs. West Kelowna Warriors
Fans of the Spruce Kings can tune into the local online broadcast (www.bchl.ca) for tonight's game at 6:30 p.m. against the Cowichan Valley Capitals at Prospera Place in Chilliwack. The game is the first of two games for the Spruce Kings at the Bauer Showcase. The Kings will also face the Nanaimo Clippers on Sunday at 2 p.m.