A former Prince George man was killed in a gang-related shooting late Tuesday night.
Joey Lamont Arrance, 34, was shot dead, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team confirmed today.
Investigators believe Arrance in a sport utility vehicle in a Coquitlam parking lot sometime before 11 p.m. when the shooting occurred and that it was a gang-related homicide.
No suspects have been arrested as of Thursday morning.
A witness saw Arrance drive away from the scene at Marathon Court, swerving along the road as he headed west along Brunette Avenue before coming to a rest at Casey Street.
The witness attempted to perform emergency first aid on Arrance until ambulance personnel arrived, the IHIT said. He was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Arrance gained plenty of notoriety during his time in Prince George.
Police had identified Arrance as a junior member or ?striker? with the Renegades Motorcycle Club, an affiliate of the Hells Angels and Game Tight Soldiers organized crime groups and a tattoo parlor at the corner of Victoria Street and Seventh Avenue he allegedly owned was gutted in November 2010 fire.
Less than 24 hours later, a fire broke out in the 4300-block Foster Rd. home he was living in and one person, a wheelchair-bound Linda Joyce Fredin, was killed. Police treated both fires as suspicious but no one has since been charged.
Arrance, who had remained in custody since his arrest in September 2010, eventually pleaded guilty to a firearms-related charge after police raid of the home that same month uncovered a loaded handgun, a dummy grenade and a soft-armoured vest.
In May 2012, he was sentenced to a further three-and-a-half months in jail and then banned from coming within 100 kilometres of Prince George for a further 18 months.
Arrance also faced a charge of sexually assaulting a woman at the Renegades clubhouse in July 2010. In November 2011, he was found not guilty of the offence following a trial before a provincial court judge.
And the B.C. Director of Civil Forfeiture has been trying to seize nearly $220,000 worth of jewelry and cash from Arrance said to have been accumulated as proceeds of crime. An attempt to serve Arrance with an order in June at an East Vancouver address was unsuccessful and the matter remained before the court.
According to the director, Arrance continued to run a drug trafficking scheme from the Prince George Regional Correctional Centre during the time he had been in custody there, noting he made 671 phone calls from the location.