Best-selling author and host of TV's Til Debt Do Us Part and Princess, Gail Vaz Oxlade, is coming to Prince George to talk about The Ten Biggest Mistakes People Make With Personal Finances Saturday at 2 p.m. at Vanier Hall.
Do you want to be debt free forever? Vaz-Oxlade asks. She'll tell you how to do it.
Vaz-Oxlade will deliver valuable information on how to manage money more effectively, how to resist the 'new refrigerator' mentality where people see it and just have to have it and other pitfalls
that Vaz-Oxlade will be happy to point out.
By following her advice, she said you can reduce your debt load dramatically, increase your savings and get more from your hard-earned income.
The countdown to the biggest mistakes looks like this:
10. You haven't planned like a pessimist - you don't have insurance and you don't have an estate plan.
9. You don't know what you're investing in or how to do it.
8. You don't have an emergency fund.
7. You don't account for planned spending.
6. You're trying to keep up with the Jones.
5. You don't save enough.
4. You're spending money you haven't earned yet.
3. You don't know what you're making or how much you're spending.
2. You haven't learned to prioritize or how to make choices.
1. You have no system for tracking your money.
As an added bonus Vaz-Oxlade is asking the audience for toonie donations for book signings, hugs and pictures taken with her and all the proceeds will be donated to the Elizabeth Fry Society. Tickets are $29.99 for Citizen subscribers and $39.99 for Citizen non-subscribers.
Tickets are available at the Citizen office and online at www.ticketweb.ca.