The Pineview Volunteer Fire Department was called to an electrical fire at a home in the 6900 block of Sutley Road on Friday.
The fire broke out shortly before 2:45 p.m. Friday afternoon, Pineview Chief Lyle Wood said.
"It was an electrical fire in one of the bedrooms," Wood said. "The fire was contained to the bedroom."
An outlet in the 1940s-era home shorted, causing the fire, he said. Wood estimated the damages between $5,000 and $10,000.
No one was injured during the fire, however one firefighter suffered minor injuries while responding to the blaze.